A warrior is someone who faces life on life’s terms.
“Heels to Holster” is one woman’s discovery of the warrior inside her as she learns to survive an abusive relationship and its aftermath.
It was a rollercoaster ride of legal battles, emotions, and events that started when I stepped foot over the threshold of his front door that Saturday morning. His caring concerned eyes were now dark, empty, and full of hate. My quiet life turned into a spellbound thriller.
This is how I discovered the warrior inside of me.
- ‘My life will never be the same,’ doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing.
- ‘Why did this happen,’ isn’t as important as the ‘what can I do with it?’
- God saw me through it for a reason, so look to Him for guidance.
- Be a person I can depend on to protect myself.
- Stop letting incidents in my life define me; use them to become the person I aspire to be.
You have a warrior inside you ready to fight and help you get your life back. Finding my inner warrior and facing life on life’s terms started my journey from Heels to Holster. Shirley Watral is a firearms instructor, motivational speaker, author, and a competitor in shooting sports